Why is an audition required?
What should I expect when I have an audition?
- Auditions have two main purposes: First and foremost, we want to get to know you and discover how you'd fit into our team.
- Second, we want to know where you are musically. We strive for excellence in our worship and music.
- Vocal + Instrumental auditions are one-on-one with our worship leader.
- Vocalists + Instrumentalists will receive music for their audition ahead of time.
- All vocalists are required to submit a pre-recorded video audition of a song of their choice, showcasing their vocal ability.
- Vocalists will be expected to showcase their ability to sing strong lead and harmony.
- Vocalists will be singing with IEM (in-ear monitors) to a click and backing track.
- Vocalists will be expected to show proper mic technique and an engaging stage presence.
Will I have to play and sing to a click track?
- Instrumentalists will be playing with IEM (in-ear monitors) to a click and backing track.
- Instrumentalists will be expected to have necessary gear (i.e. pedals, cables, amps, capo.)
- Instrumentalists should have a basic understanding of the Nashville Number System.
YES! Both vocalists and instrumentalists will play and sing to a click track (metronome). This will be provided in your audition prep material.What if I'm interested in joining Audio/Tech?
How do I schedule an audition?
- Email Shaun Staley, our Worship Arts Director ([email protected]) for further details.
Email Shaun Staley, our Worship Arts Director ([email protected]
) to set up an audition. We will work to meet you on campus at a time that fits your schedule.Remember to bring:
- Your completed Audition Application (See form above and print.)
- Your instrument with all necessary cables, pedals, and accessories. Guitarists, bring your capos! Amps, drum kit, and keyboard will be provided.